Thursday, October 8, 2026

Simon Says Stamp - Sending Cheer Release

Hello my friends, Simon Says Stamp have just launched their latest release - Sending Cheer which is choc-a-bloc with fabulous products to inspire your creativity for all your holiday makes. You can check out all the products in the release HERE.

With Christmas just around the corner, I created a card using the blackout technique with the Cozy Snowmen Embossing Folder and Holiday Wishes Sentiment dies from the release.

I embossed a Distress Watercolor card panel with Simon Says Stamp Cozy Snowmen Embossing Folder and coloured the snowmen hats and scarves on the debossed side with Candied Apple and Peeled Paint Distress Stains using a small paintbrush. I dragged a Versafine Clair Nocturne ink pad over the panel. I didn't want to go full on black so this ink pad which needs re-inking was perfect for the effect I wanted to create.
I used a Sakura Black Glaze Pen to colour the eyes and noses.
I used a small paintbrush to add Distress Collage Medium to the fur on the hats and the scarves and sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter while the adhesive was still wet.
I die-cut the Holiday Wishes shadow piece and words 4 times from Distress Watercolor card. I dragged the Versafine Clair Nocturne ink over the shadow piece, layered the words to create dimension, painted with Distress Collage Medium and sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter. I fixed the words to the shadow piece and added to the panel popped up with Simon Says Stamp Thin 3D Foam Squares.
I coloured the May Arts Wrinkled Faux Silk Ribbon with Candied Apple Distress Stain, tied in a bow and added to the top of the panel. I matted the  panel on Distress Black Two Tone Woodgrain cardstock and fixed to a white card blank.

Have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment