Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas "Anything Goes"...

Morning folks...well it's December and there's no denying now that Christmas is just around the corner...whether we like it or not...in my case it will probably be yet another running around like a headless chicken affair but hey that's half the fun.
And talking of fun...it's time to join in this month's Ribbon Girls Challenge...just one challenge this month which will run until 9pm on 14th December...with all the design teams getting together to bring you a fest of Christmas gorgeousness for a special...
HO HO HO CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE...
and it's Christmas Anything Goes...so make whatever you want...
and seeing as I still had the bundle of ornaments I got from Rob MDF Man at Birmingham sitting on my workdesk...
I looked out the box of Ribbon Girl goodies...lots and lots of bits and pieces left over from previous DT kits and used them to decorate the ornaments...
I painted each ornament with Decoupage Medium and covered with Tissue Wrap...Composer...once dry I coloured them lightly with Peel Paint Distress Ink...smeared on a layer of Glossy Accents with my finger...messy but fun and then dusted each one with Glamour Dust for an extra sparkly effect...

a glittered surface is an absolute nightmare when it comes to fixing down your embellishments so I unearthed the hot glue gun but the eagle eyed amongst you will notice a few of those pesky glue trails that I obviously missed...
even small remnants of ribbon can be put to good use...I stuck them onto a sheet of double sided sticky paper and then cut out the tree shapes....adding glitter to the mesh trees and then matting them onto kraft card and cutting around the edge to leave a border...

as always there is a fabulous prize for one lucky winner...
to spend over at the Ribbon Girl online store where you'll find lots and lots of gorgeous ribbons...buttons...charms and other bits and pieces that you just have to have in your crafty stash
and
from our lovely chums at LOTV
and an extra special festive treat...
a Red Ribbon Kit...
 and Diamante Snowflake Stick Pin...
So why don't you hop across to the Ribbon Girls...feast your eyes on the gorgeous Christmas inspiration from my fellow teamies and join in the festive fun.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx