Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge...October

Hi folks...I'm sure I've told you before that I am always super duper excited when my DT parcel of goodies arrives from The Ribbon Girl and this month was no exception...
and as luck would have it...I just happened to still have the gorgeous Vogue Collection paper pad from Craftwork Cards that I used on yesterday's cards sitting on my workdesk so without anymore ado...I'm sharing what I made for this month's Colour Challenge over at The Ribbon Girls...which you have probably guessed by now is...
BROWN



and woohoo...I finally managed to pluck up the courage to take the scissors to the fabulous Tim Holtz Ecletic Elements fabrics to make the little bird... 
and once I got that little hurdle out of the way...there was no stopping me...so I set to work covering a box with fabric and adding some gorgeous Ribbon Girl goodies for decoration...I'm loving the hessian burlap look ribbon and those beautiful Eastern Spice flowers...




and there's the chance for one lucky crafter to win 2 fabulous prizes...
from our lovely chums at LOTV
and

so why don't you head over to The Ribbon Girls and check out this month's beautiful inspiration from all my teamies and our special Guest Designer Tracy Payne and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Hugs Kath xxx


12 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, your card and box are stunning - what a great use for Tim's gorgeous fabrics, I have only covered notebooks so far but will have a go at a box now. As always, thanks for your wonderful inspiration! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning projects yet again Kath. My favourite colour is brown - I might just have to have a go at this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning projects Kath - the brown looks so lush - fab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet again...gorgeous projects Kath.
    Love all the materials you used especially the burlap ribbon. tfs
    Hugs
    Heather
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my dear friend. Not been my old self recently. You have certainly cheered me up with those fantastic makes. I've hunted for the new fabrics without success. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath, personally I have always avoided brown when making cards.... until now. I like what you have done with the Vogue papers, and the TH fabrics are gorgeous. Happy Sunday
    Valxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are stunning creations Kath - love the box, am a touch green, fabulous inspiration! Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kath, love the card and the box, that wee bird is so cute with his heart button for a wing. That tiny bit of green on the flowers makes the card perfect for me, plus there's still a wee bit of white showing. That box would cost a fortune to buy in the shops, the burlap ribbon looks great on it. Hope you had a good day...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kath, stunning projects, I love the colours and your bird is beautiful. I love your box with the hessian.
    Sorry I might not get time to visit tomorrow. I'm off to Christies Hospital for a CT scan to see if the cancer as gone to my soft tissue. Then I will have to wait a week or more for the results. Take care. Love and crafty hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done, thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous to both of these projects. Absolutely love the box!! Must get to bed now...eyes closing.

    Is the Papeterie open on Sundays ?

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete