Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Fun With A Turnabout Stamp

Hi folks, it looks like we may have seen the last of Summer, at least in my neck of the woods. The heatwave has gone, replaced by more comfortable temperatures and I'm so looking forward to Autum and Winter, my favourite seasons. There are definite signs that the leaves on the trees are getting ready to change colour and I can't wait for Mother Nature to share her spectacular colour palette with us again.
With that in mind, I decided to have some fun with Concord & 9th's Wreath Turnabout Stamp Set and create a card using Autumnal shades from the Distress Oxide ink colour palette.

My first time using a Turnabout stamp so I followed the instructions on the stamp set, matched up the stamp with the template provided in the pack and marked the criss cross lines on to the back of the stamp using a Sharpie Black Permanent Pen.
I trimmed white card to 5" square, added pencil lines from corner to corner and laid the stamp on the card, matching up the lines. I closed the Stamp Platform, transferring the stamp on to the lid and flipped over the card ready for stamping.
 I inked the stamp with Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink and then rotated the card one quarter turn,
I cleaned the stamp, re-inked and stamped with Ripe Persimmon.
 I repeated the process with Twisted Citron and Vintage Photo rotating the card each time
I coloured scraps of card with the same three colours and die cut the words using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Thinlits. I fixed the letters to a scrap of vellum, added dots of Multi Medium Matte behind the letters and fixed to the card.
I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink on to vellum and attached in the same way. To finish off I added Simon Says Stamp Summer Gold sequins, matted the panel on to a slightly larger panel of white card coloured around the edges with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink using the direct to paper technique and then fixed to a white card blank.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx