Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Picked With Love

Hi folks, I'm sharing another card made with the Mandy's Flowers stamp set from the Simon Says Stamp August Card Kit.  Although the kit has already sold out, some of the products from the kit are still available to buy separately HERE.

I'm still very much a beginner when it comes to watercolouring and it's easy to feel a bit intimidated about sharing when there are so many expert watercolorists out there but with the wise words "embrace your imperfections" from my adorable Professor ringing in my ears...I'm realising that the only way to learn is to keep having a go. So I'm sharing a "less than perfect but had lots of fun trying" card using this gorgeous image from Mandy's Flowers.
I stamped the image on to Strathmore Bristol Smooth Card and masking paper with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink, only trimming the section of the mask that was going to be overstamped...I was having one of those lazy "don't do more than you have to" kind of days.
With the mask in place I stamped the fence image at both sides of the flower jar.
and used Zig Clean Color Brush Markers with a Distress Detailer Water Brush to colour the images.
I added highlights to the jar with a Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint to the background, some of the Doodlebug Tiny Heart Shape Sprinkles that came in the kit and stamped the sentiment on to black card with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder. I die-cut the panel with Simon Says Stamp Wonky Rectangles die, matted the panel on to a piece of purple Distress Core'dinations card left from a previous project and then on to a white card blank.
I'll be back soon with another August Kit card, in the meantime, have fun whatever you are creating.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx