Friday, August 17, 2018

Inside Tunnel Card...

Hi folks, not a very catchy blog post title today but I couldn't think of a better one to describe today's card. I'm sharing an Inside Tunnel card inspired by Jennifer McGuire, decorated with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Flower Jar Framelits in a clean and simple style.


It's years since I have made this type of card but it was so easy and you can find Jennifer's excellent step-by-step video on how to create the tunnel insert HERE.
I used Sizzix Framelits Circle Dies to create the apertures for the insert, Ranger Wonder Tape to make sure it all stayed together and was rather surprised that this person who is not known for following instructions, nailed it on the first attempt.
I coloured a panel for the back of the insert and a die-cut circle for the front of the card with Evergreen Bough and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks using the familiar smooshing, drying, spritzing and picking up the left over droplets technique. I should have added the back panel before I assembled the tunnel insert but I trimmed a sliver off the side, added Distress Collage Medium Matte and managed to slide it into place.
I die-cut a selection of Flower Jar Framelits from white cardstock, fixed to the back panel and circle on the front of the card, coloured the rest with Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide re-inkers using a Distress Detailer Brush to get a variation of colours and fixed to the circle apertures.


I added splatters of Black Soot re-inker using the Distress Splatter Brush and stamped the sentiments from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Glorious Bouquet on to white card with Black Soot Archival,trimmed, edged with the archival ink and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte.

I coloured a strip of white card to match the circle, die cut using the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mini Scallop 3D Impresslits and sanded back the detail.
I added it to the side of the card with a twine bow and one of the die cuts flowers.
The card folds flat for postage which is always a bonus and I have a sneaky feeling I may be making Halloween and Christmas versions for the special little people in my life. Have a great weekend whatever your plans are and I'll see you all on Monday with my project for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, in the meantime, here's a little sneaky peek...
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx