Friday, December 13, 2019

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous - Into The Woods

Hi my friends, it's Friday the 13th but even more worrying, there are only 11 more days left until Christmas. Today, I'm sharing a card I made for the Facebook Live launch of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas Collection using images from Into The Woods and the Snowflake Mini Layering Shifter Stencil from Set 45. If you missed the live, you can catch up on all the fabulous products from this release and be inspired by amazing samples over on Tim's blog HERE

I trimmed Distress Watercolor to 4" x 6" and applied Stormy Sky Distress Oxide ink through the Snowflake Mini Layering Stencil using a mini round blending tool. I shifted the stencil (hence the name) and repeated with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink. I added Stormy Sky lightly around the edges, spritzed with water and patted with a kitchen towel to create the water droplet oxidised look.
I stamped the images from Into The Woods with Ground Espresso Archival ink on to the panel.
I stamped the background from Lumberjack, inked with Stormy Sky Distress Oxide ink on to scraps of Distress Watercolor card and restamped the images from Into The Woods.
I tore the scraps to create snowbanks, distressed the edges and fixed them in place so that the stamping on the images matched up.
I added machine stitching randomly on the edges and applied Ranger Opague Texture Paste through the Snowflake Mini Layering Shifter Stencil. I added sprinkles of Stampendous Chunky White Embossing Enamel and heat set from underneath until melted.
I stamped the sentiment from Seasonal Scribbles inked with Ground Espresso Distress Archival ink.
I matted the panel on to Idea-ology Silver Metallic Kraftstock and adhered to a 5" x 7" white card blank.
Have a great weekend whatever you have planned. It's pretty chilly here with a chance of our first snowfall of the winter, so I think I will be heading for the kitchen to make a start on the Christmas Cook-athon. I'll see you all on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx