Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Autumn Leaves

Hi my friends, Autumn has well and truly arrived in my neck of the woods, the trees are starting to shed their leaves and that means leaves everywhere underfoot, making a trip out to the garage or to feed the birds, a bit of a slippery adventure.My plan for the weekend was to wake up the leaf blower from it's slumbers in the garage, get rid of the first leafy layer and then try to keep up to speed with the millions still to fall but hey, best laid plans and all that because the weather scuppered that idea, sodding wet leaves and a leaf blower are not the best of friends. So I retreated to the cubbyhole to make an Autumn Leaves inspired Thank You card instead.I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to 5.1/4" square. I smooshed a mix of Distress Oxide inks, Shabby Shutters, Carved Pumpkin and Rusty Hinge on the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and laid the panel into the inks. I dried the panel and tapped it back into the remaining droplets of ink. I wiped off the mat, smooshed Peeled Paint, Aged Mahogany and Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide inks and repeated the process, always drying between the layers of colour. I inked Simon Says All Leaves 6" x 6" Cling Background with Ground Espresso Distress Archival and stamped on to the panel. I used the shadow die from Simon Says Extra Large Thank You to die-cut the panel, placed the Extra Large Thank You word die inside the shadow die with the card still inside the die and die-cut. I placed the outline left over on a piece of Tim Holtz/Sizzix Sticky Grid to use on a later project.I inked the All Leaves Cling Background with Versamark ink, stamped on to Simon Says Black Cardstock, sprinkled with Simon Says Antique Gold embossing powder, heat set and fussy cut some of the leaves.I fixed the inked panel to a 5.1/2" square black card blank with Distress Collage Medium and added the fussy cut leaves. I die-cut 3 extra thank yous from black cardstock, layered and fixed inside the aperture with Distress Collage Medium. To finish I added small gold sequins from Sizzix Gold Beads and Sequins Tower.

I'll be back tomorrow to share another weather related project featuring my favourite Snowman from Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas release. In the meantime, stay cosy and safe, wherever you are and have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx