Thursday, October 7, 2021

Simon Says Stamp - Joyous Christmas

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a card I made with new products from Simon Says Stamp Peace On Earth  release. 


I used the Berries and Leaves Stencil to create a simple monoprint background to feature the gorgeous Joyous Christmas sentiment die as the focal point and star of the show. You can find all the products I used linked below and you can also check out all the fabulous products from this release HERE.
I spritzed the 6" x 6" Stencil with Salvaged Patina Distress Spray Stain and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Spray, spritzed with water and laid on to a 5.1/2 square panel of Distress Watercolor card. I patted the stencil with kitchen towel to help the inks soak into the card and dried. I spritzed lightly with water, especially in the centre area, to create the water droplet effect.
Then I turned my attention to the sentiment. I coloured a panel of Simon Says Ultra White card with Salvaged Patina Distress Spray Stain, die-cut the Joyous Christmas sentiment twice and layered to create dimension using Distress Collage Medium as the adhesive. I die-cut the shadow die from Ultra White card and Simon Says Vellum and fixed the sentiment on top. I traced over the letters with Glossy Accents using a fine tip applicator, sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter and set aside to dry.
I matted the panel on to Simon Says Ultra White card coloured with Salvaged Patina Distress Spray Stain to match the sentiment, trimmed to leave a small border and fixed to a 5.1/2" square white card blank. To finish I added a mix of Sizzix Stars and Sequins.

I'll be back tomorrow to share another card made with the same stencil using the monoprint technique in more traditional Christmas colours. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour combo Kath, its a gorgeous card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW,I absolutely Love this one,my fave colours.love how the sentiment shouts out at you lol.xx

    ReplyDelete