Wednesday, December 8, 2021

A Special Delivery from Jolly Santa

Hi my friends, I'm sharing the gift bag I decorated for the YouTube Live release of Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas Collection using the adorable Jolly Santa stamp set. If you purchased any of the stamp sets from this release and are looking for inspiration, hop over to Tim's Blog HERE and check out all the amazing projects from the Makers.


I began by trimming Distress Watercolor card to be slightly smaller than the front of a Kraft Gift Bag. I attached the moon mask in place with Sizzix Sticky Grid, spritzed Old Paper and Iced Spruce Distress Spray Stains on to the mat on my Glass Media Mat and laid the panel into the stains. I spritzed with water and dried. I tapped the panel back into the stains to pick up the remaining droplets and dried. I spritzed the area around the moon with water and let the stains run into the moon.
I inked the image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Jolly Santa with Black Soot Distress Archival and stamped on the panel. I inked the foliage image from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Winter Watercolor 2 with Forest Moss Distress Ink and stamped repeatedly on the panel.
I re-stamped the Santa image, fussy cut, fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium, coloured with Candied Apple, Forest Moss, Hickory Smoke and Tattered Rose Distress Re-inkers. At this stage, he just didn't have the look that I was hoping for, so I bit the bullet, drew in eyes using a Sakura Black Glaze Pen and added white dots using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen. I inked the two images from the Jolly Santa stamp set with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink and stamped randomly on the background.

I created a quick mask for Santa and once in place, added splatters of Holly Branch Distress Mica Stain.
I inked Special Delivery from the stamp set with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink and stamped on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, coloured to match the background and die-cut using the tag die from Tim Holtz Sidekick starter set. I matted the tag on to gold Idea-ology Metallic KraftStock, trimmed to leave a border and added a large Gold Eyelet. I trimmed Idea-ology Gold Metallic KraftStock to cover the front of the bag, fixed the panel in place with Distress Collage Medium and attached the tag with strips trimmed from a roll of  Gold Sparkle Tulle.


Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx