Tuesday, December 7, 2021

'Tis The Season

Hi my friends, 'tis the season to make a start on decking the halls with boughs of holly and with one lonely Tim Holtz/Sizzix Paper Village House left over from my table ornaments adventure, I decided to make a hanging wreath for the cubbyhole door.


I began by wrapping an 8" wire wreath with strips of Burlap I had in my stash. I just had enough to go once around and it would have been better with another layer but hey ho, in the words of my adorable Professor, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit. I used hot glue to attach Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Etcetera Trims to the front and back to create a shelf. I attached a set of Idea-ology Tiny Lights to illuminate a Tim Holtz/Sizzix Paper Village House and Idea-ology Woodland Lot tree.
I fixed the house and tree in place with hot glue and applied a coat of White Gesso to the Etcetera Trims.
I die-cut the holly leaves from Distress Kraft HeavyStock, inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress ink and Distress Watercolor card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Seasonal Sketch Thinlits.
I fixed in place with hot glue and attached the rest of the Idea-ology Tiny Lights around the back of the wreath.
I added the holly berries die-cut from red Idea-ology Classic KraftStock and Distress Watercolor card.
I applied Distress Grit Paste to the roof of the house and the Etcetera Trims and sprinkled with Distress Mica Flakes to add some Christmas sparkle. I added Distress Grit Paste around the edges of Idea-ology Christmas Quotes from a previous year's release and fixed in place with hot glue.
I coloured Idea-ology Bauble Findings with Deception Pearl and Mushroom Alcohol inks and fixed to the tree.



I'll be back soon to share a project I made using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Jolly Santa.
Have fun with whatever you are making to decorate your home for Christmas
Hugs Kath xxx