Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Santa's Helpers Gift Card Holder

Hi my friends, don't know about you but I feel I'm running out of days to get everything on the  Christmas list of things to do nailed but I'm not stressing, I'm just slowly and steadily working my way down that long long list. The last gift card/cash holder has just rolled off the production line, made for a sweet little missy using products from Simon Says Santa's Helpers December Card Kit and the Handwritten Merry Christmas die and gorgeous Delicate Snowflakes Stencil from the Season of Joy Holiday Card Kit. The Santa's Helpers Kit is still available in limited quantities at the time of writing HERE. The Season Of Joy Holiday Card Kit has sold out but the items are still available to purchase individually HERE.


I began by trimming Simon Says Audrey Blue cardstock to 3.1/4" x 6.1/4", added a hand cut snowbank across the bottom, applied Distress Snowfall Grit Paste through the Delicate Snowflakes Stencil, sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter and added splatters of White Gesso.
I fixed one layer of the Craft Consortium 3D Decoupage images in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte, added Ranger Glossy Accents to the snowballs and snow on the signposts and sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter.
After the Snowfall Grit Paste had dried, I decided to add even more texture. I placed the stencil back in the same place and added a layer of Distress Texture Paste Matte and sprinkled again with Distress Rock Candy Glitter.
I trimmed lightweight white card to 8" x 7.1/2" to create the card pocket, scored at 2" and 5.3/4" on the longer side and 1" on the shorter side and trimmed away the side sections on the bottom to create a flap for closure.
I trimmed Simon Says Audrey Blue cardstock to fit the front of the pocket, added a strip of paper from Craft Consortium Made By Elves double sided paper, fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium and decorated with snowflakes to match the card.
I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Stacked Tiles Circles die to cut a notch in the pocket. I die cut Simon Says Handwritten Merry Christmas from Distress Watercolor card, coloured the Merry with Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink and fixed to the pocket with Distress Collage Medium.
To finish I matted the panel on to a 3.1/2" x 6.1/2" white slimline card blank.

One more item ticked off the list means one less to do.
Have fun with whatever you are creating for Christmas
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment