Friday, January 28, 2022

Let It Snow

Hi my friends, there's no sign of snow yet but the wind has picked up and it's bitterfly cold so today's card may be appropriate after all. With the Simon Says Faceted Snowflakes Embossing Folder, Tim Holtz/Sizzix Scribbly Snowflakes Thinlits and Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink still sitting on my workdesk from making yesterday's card, I added Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink into the mix and added images from Simon Says Season Of Joy stamp set from the Limited Edition Holiday Card Kit and another Idea-ology Christmas Label Sticker.I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", coloured with Villainous Potion and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide inks by smooshing the inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat and embossed using Simon Says Faceted Snowflakes Embossing Folder. I repeated the embossing on another panel of Distress Watercolor card, trimmed to create snowbanks and fixed to the bottom of the panel, debossed side up, using Distress Collage Medium. I inked the images from Simon Says Season of Joy with Villainous Potion and Ground Espresso Distress Oxide inks, spritzed with water, stamped on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card and fussy cut. I inked the snowbanks lightly with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink using a mini round blending tool to show the detail of the embossing and fixed the trees and deer in place with Distress Collage Medium and foam pads to create dimension. I die cut the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Scribbly Snowflakes Thinlits twice from Distress Watercolor card and again layered to create dimension.To finish, I added an Idea-ology Christmas Label Sticker and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.


Have a great weekend whatever you have planned and stay warm and cosy if it is cold where you are. And if you're heading over to Tim and Mario's Valentine inspired party on Saturday, I'll see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx