Friday, January 14, 2022

Quick and Easy Collage Cards

Hi my friends, it's hard to believe we are almost halfway through January already and the weather in my neck of the woods has been so strange, one day it's freezing cold and windy, quite normal for winter, the next day it's been positively springlike with mild temperatures and sunshine and hey, it's even been warm enough to sit outside with a coffee, crazy I know. In fact, I haven't been spending much time in the cubbyhole this week because I've embarked on a "new me-need more exercise-fitness" regime and all that being out and about at one with nature inspired me to make some quick and easy collage cards using the Simple Stories Vintage Weathered Garden collection from Simon Says Stamp.

I began by scoring and folding Distress Kraft HeavyStock to create A2 cards. I trimmed papers from  Simple Stories Vintage Weathered Garden 6" x 8" pad to be slightly smaller, distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Paper Distresser and fixed to the cards using Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I trimmed the panels from the paper pad, distressed the edges and added to the cards.
I added ephemera from Simple Stories Vintage Weathered Garden Bits and Pieces pack popped up on foam adhesive to add dimension
To finish I added words and hearts from Simple Stories Vintage Weathered Garden Foam Stickers
The joy of using a collection is that it takes the thinking out of the equation because everything has been designed to go together and before you know, I have another 4 cards to add to the "if I need cards in a hurry" box, I told you they were quick and easy to make, didn't I.



Time to grab my coat, a warm woolly hat, my go anywhere boots and camera and set off on today's hike around one of my favourite walks. Have fun with whatever you are doing today, enjoy your weekend and I'll catch up with you all on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge using more of the Simple Stories Vintage Weathered Garden products.
Hugs Kath xxx