Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Simon Says - More Brushed Flowers

Hi my friends, I'm back with two "even simpler to make" cards made using Simon Says Brushed Flowers from the May Card Kit and a fun very easy faux watercolour technique with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to make 2 - 3.3/4" x 5" panels, stamped the flowers and leaves using Bundled Sage, Pine Needles, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold and Carved Pumpkin Distress inks. I spritzed the images with water which made the inks wick out and dried. I stamped the sentiments with Simon Says Intense Black ink.
I used a fine liner black pen to sketch loosely around the petals and leaves and added splatters of Black Soot Distress Paint.
To finish I matted the panels on to Simon Says Black card trimmed to be 1/8" smaller than A2 and fixed to top-folding white card blanks.

They do say that variety is the spice of life, so why not mix up the flower colours and sentiments to make a great stocking filler set of 6 to gift to a friend. Have fun with whatever you are creating
Hugs Kath xxx