Thursday, May 26, 2022

Simon Says - Sending Hugs

Hi my friends, I bet you didn't know that this was going to be "Brushed Flowers" week - yes I'm back with another card made with this gorgeous stamp set from Simon Says May Card Kit, this time using just one image, one sentiment from the stamp set, the Prima Painted Florals papers from the kit, the Arches Stencil from the recent Yay You release with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Texture Paste.

I began by trimming one of the Prima Painted Florals papers to 3.3/4" x 5", die-cut a circle from one of the other papers, fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium and stamped the sentiment from Brushed Flowers inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink. I applied Distress Texture Paste Crackle through the Arches Stencil and stamped the foliage image from the stamp set twice, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink. I added faux stitching around the circle using a Sakura Black Micron Pen but you'll see from the finished card, I changed my mind and changed it to a solid line.
I fussy cut the butterfly from one of the Painted Florals papers to leave a small white border and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium, only applying the adhesive to the body to create dimension.
I stamped the XOXO from the stamp set with Simon Says Intense Black ink but smeared the ink before it had dried, yes silly billy. I re-stamped the sentiment on to Idea-ology Plain Collage Paper and fixed over the top with Distress Collage Medium. I added splatters of White Gesso, fixed the panel to Simon Says Black Cardstock, trimmed to be 1/8" smaller than A2 and fixed to a white card blank.



I hope you'll bear with me because I'll be back tomorrow to share another 2 cards made with the May Card Kit and then, I promise I'll be moving on to pastures new. Have fun with whatever you are creating.
Hugs Kath xxx