Thursday, December 22, 2022

Christmas Joy

Hi my friends, are you all organised for the big day? I've failed miserably in the "being my usual organised self" department this year but I'm slowly getting there and it will be alright on the night as they say!! I have also fallen short when it comes to the great intentions I had with the Christmas crafting makes, but hey, there's always next year, she says optimistically and I'm not beating myself up. I did, however, decide to use up all the left over die-cuts sitting on my workdesk before I shut the door on the cubbyhole and have made another card using the Simon Says Snowflake Frame die. I bought this die set a couple of years ago and never got round to using it and now it seems I'm obsessed.

I matted the Snowflake Frames, die-cut from Distress Watercolor card and layered to create dimension on to a panel from my backgrounds box, coloured using Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide ink. I used up the JOY die cut from Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Winter Deco Sheets, using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text Christmas and added Merry, die-cut from Simon Says Matte Silver Cardstock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas Ribbon Thinlits.
I had one lonely Tim Holtz Sizzix Stump left over from my holiday gift ornaments and just couldn't bear to throw him away. I die-cut his hat and scarf from Simon Says Silver Matte Cardstock and Distress Watercolor card and added shading using Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide ink using Simon Says Small Detail Blending Brush. I popped him up with foam squares to add dimension and added a snowflake from the Simon Says Snowflake Frame set. I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and fixed to an A2 white card blank.

I'll be back tomorrow to share my last Christmas card of 2022 and today I'll be hitting my local M&S for all those last minute bits and pieces and then finishing off the Christmas food prep. Don't despair my friends, we will get there, we always do and if you forget something, no one is going to know, just make sure it's not the main feature of the day, the turkey.
Hugs Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Kath, love the frame and that gorgeous snowman.
    I hope you have a lovely Christmas time, we all get 'there' in the end haha.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas from Canada. Love all your wonderful creations. I too just love Twig, Stump and the gang. Made several makes with them. Best creation Tim has come out with and believe me I have a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and the blue on the card is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete