Thursday, December 1, 2022

Hello DieCember

Hi my friends, it's the first day of December and the DieCember party over at Simon Says Stamp has begun, a month long celebration of dies, one of our favourite craft products and you can check out all the dies in the release HERE

 I created two cards for the price of one using the Pointed Evergreens die from the DieCember release and the Joy to You and Yours stamp set from the December Card Kit.

I began by colouring an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card by smooshing Salvaged Patina, Evergreen Bough and Pine Needles Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat and die-cut with the Pointed Evergreens die. I set aside the die-cut to use on the second card, fixed the panel to paper from a previous years Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Christmas pad I had in my stash and trimmed.I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Joy to You and Yours stamp set which came with the December Card Kit on to the panel, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival. I die-cut Simon Says Eliza Snowflake twice from Distress Watercolor card, tapped Simon Says Clear Embossing ink pad over the snowflakes and sprinkled with Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder. I melted the powder with my heat gun and once it turned shiny, sprinkled the snowflakes with Distress Rock Candy Glitter. I fixed sections of the snowflake to the edges of the card using Distress Collage Medium and set aside the other snowflake to use on the second card.

I fixed the left over Idea-ology Christmas paper to a panel of Distress Watercolor card and added a snow bank die cut from Distress Watercolor card using Simon Says Stitched Slopes dies. I die-cut Pointed Evergreens twice from Distress Watercolor card, layered the left over die from the first card on top and added Distress Rock Candy Glitter using the same technique as the snowflakes. I stamped the sentiment from Joy to You and Yours on to a scrap of the coloured card, inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink, sprinkled with Simon Says Clear Embossing Powder, heat set, trimmed around the edge and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium.
I added snowflakes to the panelTo finish I trimmed both panels to 4" x 5.1/4" and matted on to A2 white card blanks.

Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment