Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Holiday Hoopla Fun

Hi my friends, what a fun magical time we all had joining Tim and Mario for the Holiday Hoopla Extravanganza on Tim's YouTube Channel,  3 - 2 hour Lives jam packed with ideas, hints and tips to get you into the festive making groove with an intermission between each for refreshments. If you missed the Lives, it's well worth watching the replays over on Tim's YouTube Channel HERE or Blog HERE because just when you think you've seen it all, our adorable Professor yet again blows us away with new inspiring ideas.

I love tone on tone effects on cards, so I just had to play along with Tim's brilliant idea using the Distress Two Tone Woodgrain card and some of my favourite festive Tim Holtz/Sizzix Thinlits from the 2022 release,Bold Text Christmas and Holiday Brushstrokes. I only made one simple card because, guess what, Christmas is creeping up on me yet again but it sparked an idea for my annual tradition gift for family and friends. Compartmental crafting is my jam when it comes to making multiples, change up the sentiments, use different dies as the focal point or make each card the same, it doesn't matter and before you know, you'll have a pile of cards to add to your Christmas box.
I die-cut the sentiment from the Two Tone Light Gray Woodgrain card, trimmed to 4" x 5.1.4" using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text Christmas Thinlits and matted and matted on to an A2 panel of Two Tone Black Woodgrain using foam squares to add dimension.
I  fixed Sizzix Adhesive Sheets to the back of a panel of the Two Tone Light Gray Woodgrain and a scrap of Two Tone Black Woodgrain and die-cut using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Holiday Brushstrokes Thinlits. The adhesive sheets will hold on to the die-cuts until you are ready to assemble, especially those itty bitty dots that have a habit of trying to escape.
I assembled, fixed to the panel using Distress Collage Medium and foam squares on the flower and some of the greenery to create dimension. I added Idea-ology Halloween Droplets and Glossy Accents to the berries.
To finish, I trimmed a slither off the Two Tone Black mat and fixed to an A2 white card blank.
Moving on, Holiday Hoopla and the adorable Twig and Stump were definitely the inspiration for my annual tree decoration gift for family and friends, so it's time to embrace compartmental making and fire up the production line - wish me luck.
Woohoo, tomorrow is the start of Simon Says DieCember, a fabulous release of new dies and a month long party to celebrate one of our favourite crafty items. I'll be back to share the first of my makes for the celebration. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx