Friday, November 4, 2022

I'm Loving Lumberjack Plaid

Happy Friday my friends, is it just me that's thinking "where does the week go" - one minute it's Monday and before you know, it's almost the weekend again. But back to the crafty stuff and I'm sharing another two cards made with the gorgeous Tim Holtz/Ranger Lumberjack Plaid using Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Retro Flakes, Christmas Element Stencils and my new addiction those funky Bottlebrush Trees.

I spritzed a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card with Lumberjack Distress Spray Stain and Distress Spray Oxide, spritzed with water and dried. I stamped Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Retro Snowflakes over the background, inked with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I smooshed the Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide ink pad on to my craft mat, spritzed with water and added splatters to the background.
I added a drop of Evergreen Bough Distress Re-inker to Distress Snowfall Grit Paste, applied through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas Elements Stencil and while the paste was wet, sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter.
I added Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Christmas Remnant Rubs which came from a pack which contained both black and white but which is now discontinued.
To finish I added Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Christmas Droplets to the centres of the snowflakes, an Idea-ology Christmas Label Sticker to complete the sentiment and fixed the panel to an A2 white card blank.



I smooshed Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide ink on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat and spritzed with water. I added Lumberjack Plaid Distress Spray Stain and Distress Oxide Spray and pulled an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card through the inks and dried. I tapped the panel back in to pick up the remaining droplets. 
I stamped Tim Holtz/Stampers Christmas Background from Sparkles and Christmas, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival. I masked off the top of the stamping and stamped the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bottlebrush Trees.
I die-cut the greenery from Distress Watercolor card and backgrounds coloured with Lumberjack Plaid and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide inks using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Modern Festive Thinlits. I applied Distress Collage Medium to the die-cuts with my finger and sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter.
I fixed the greenery in place with Distress Collage Medium. I scribbled over a Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Quote Token with Picket Fence Distress Crayon, rubbed the crayon into the detail, wiped back with a soft cloth, fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium and decorated with a double red thread bow.
I added stars die-cut from Distress Watercolor card using the Modern Festive Thinlits, fixed in place on the panel and added Distress Collage Medium and Distress Rock Candy Glitter.
I roughed up the edges of the panel using a Tim Holtz Distressing Tool and fixed to an A2 white card blank, covered with Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Black KraftStock paper.
Have a great weekend whatever you are planning, I'm taking one for the team and hoping to scoop up the gazillion leaves which have fallen in the garden, weather permitting, of course but I'll be back on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're creating.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: