Thursday, November 10, 2022

Simon Says - Holiday Sparkle Release

Hi my friends, Simon Says Stamp have just released Holiday Sparkle, a bumper selection of fabulous products to make your festive making...SPARKLE, forgive the pun and you can check out all the new products HERE.

I've been having lots of fun making cards with the Refined Snowflakes Embossing Folder which comes with 2 matching dies along with the Tree Lots Stencil and am sharing the first card today. 

I placed a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card in the Refined Snowflakes Embossing Folder and ran it through my die-cutting machine. I lightly rubbed the Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink pad over the raised area, spritzed lightly with water to let the colour wick out and dried.I applied Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink through the Tree Lots Stencil using a mini round blending tool and oops, me bad, I just noticed I used the tool for Villainous Potion by mistake but that will be our little secret.I cleaned the ink off the stencil, replaced over the trees, applied Distress Snowfall Grit Paste and set aside to dry.Once dry, I fussy cut the trees leaving a thin wide border around the edgesI fixed the trees in place with Simon Says Foam Squares and die cut the Peace word 4 times from Distress Watercolor card and the shadow twice from Simon Says Vellum, layered to create dimension and fixed beneath the trees using foam squares.I love that the Distress Snowfall Grit Paste gives the trees a beautiful shimmery sparkle and also slightly lightens the original Wilted Violet colour. To finish I matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank, added Lucy's Little Things Silver Pearls and shimmer to Peace using a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen.


I'll be back tomorrow to share the second card, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: