Thursday, November 3, 2022

Merry + Bright

Hi my friends, it was a great start to the week and certainly made the day Merry + Bright when my FedEx friend delivered a very special box of Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink Lumberjack Plaid goodies. Lumberjack Plaid is the latest colour to join the Distress family and what a gorgeous colour it is too, the most beautiful perfect Christmas red. After a little swatching and labelling, it was for some fun playtime and if you follow my blog, you'll know that I can't resist adding a snowflake or two on my Christmas cards.

I smooshed Lumberjack Plaid Distress Ink and Distress Oxide ink on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and dragged an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card through the ink, dried and tapped back in to pick up the remaining droplets. I lightly inked the Christmas background from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Sparkles and Christmas with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Ink and stamped down the centre of the panel to give a little tone on tone interest to the background. I inked one of the snowflake images from Tim Holtz STAMPtember 2022 stamp set with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. If you don't have this stamp set, Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Weathered Winter is a good alternative. I stamped the Christmas background again along the bottom of the panel with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Ink, sprinkled with the Lumberjack Plaid Embossing Glaze and heat set.I die-cut Merry + Bright from the bottom of the panel using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Bold Text Christmas Thinlits and set the letters aside to use on another card.I stamped the tree from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bottlebrush Trees, inked with Evergreen Bough and Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide inks on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, sprinkled the tree base and tree with Lumberjack Plaid Embossing Glaze, heat set, trimmed to leave a white border and fixed to the panel with Foam Squares to create dimension.
To finish I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and fixed to an A2 white card blank.
I'm on a Lumberjack Plaid roll so will be back tomorrow to share more cards using this must-have Christmas colour. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx