Friday, November 18, 2022

Busy Making Tags

Happy Friday my friends, the weather has been absolutely frightful here, heavy rain and strong winds so I retreated to my happy place for a snug as a bug in a rug tag making session on the cubbyhole assembly line using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Framed Tags Thinlits, Stampers Anonymous Perfect Plaids and Simon Says Fruitful Berries die from the Holiday Sparkle release.I began by die-cutting a pile of tags from Distress Watercolor card which will be the backing for the finished tags and a place to write a festive message.I die-cut the middle sized Framed Tags from Simon Says Fog, Slate and Schoolhouse Red cardstock, a great way to use up left over pieces of card which are too small for card blanks or panels.I laid the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Perfect Plaids background stamps face up on my Glass Media Mat and inked and stamped by pressing the tags into the ink. I used Simon Says Fog Ink on the Fog Grey card, Black Soot Distress ink on the Schoolhouse Red and Simon Says White Pigment ink on the Slate cardstock.I grunged up the tags by dragging the Black Soot Mini Distress ink and Simon Says White Pigment ink pads over the edges.I die-cut Simon Says Fruitful Berries from Distress Watercolor card and laid out on the tags until I decided how I was going to decorate each tag.Let's start with the first set of tags on Fog Grey cardstockI coloured the Fruitful Berries stems with Peeled Paint and Rustic Wilderness and the berries with Lumberjack Distress Oxide inks with a mini round blending tool. To make the colouring easier, I popped the die-cuts back into the negative spaces, pressed on to a panel of Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Media Grip which will hold the die-cuts in place for colouring and if you don't have Media Grip Sizzix Sticky Grid will work too. Woohoo, Media Grip is now back in stock at Simon Says Stamp, so run, don't walk before it sells out (link in supplies below)I applied Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas Elements Stencil on the Fog Grey tags and added Idea-ology Christmas Ephemera.I flicked droplets of Distress Resist Spray on to the backgrounds, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I fixed the Fruitful Berries die-cuts in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte, added Ranger Glossy Accents to the berries and highlighted with a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen when dry.

To finish I added hole re-inforcers coloured with the same colours as the stems and added red seam binding and bakers twine from my stash.

The tags on the Slate cardstock were created in the same way but I used a lighter hand when colouring the die-cuts to create a softer look.
I added Distress Opague Texture Paste through the falling snow stencil from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous STAMPtember 2022 stamp set, sprinkled with Distress Rock Candy Glitter and set aside to dry.
To finish, I added the hole reinforcers coloured lightly with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink and pink ribbon and grey bakers twine from my stash.

I'll be back soon to share the third set of tags, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making and enjoy your weekend.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: