Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Simon Says - Refined Snowflakes Card 2

Hi my friends, I'm back to share a frosty winter card I made using the Refined Snowflakes Embossing Folder with matching dies from Simon Says Stamp latest release, Holiday Sparkle and you can check out all the products in the release HERE.


I dragged the Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink pad over the debossed side of the embossing folder, placed a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card in the folder and ran through my die-cutting machine. I spritzed with water and patted with kitchen towel to remove some of the colour and create a softer background.
I die-cut the snowflakes that comes with the folder from Distress Watercolor card, placed them back into the folder and ran through my die-cutting machine to emboss.
To make sure the die-cuts were perfectly aligned, I placed them into the folder, adjusted by looking through the front of the folder and taped them in place.
I cut a strip of Vellum using Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Deckle Edge Trimmer, folded to the back of the panel and fixed in place with adhesive tape. I die-cut Simon Says Peace 5 times from Distress Watercolor card, layered to create dimension and fixed to the panel along with the snowflakes with Distress Collage Medium.
To finish, I trimmed off the snowflake hanging off the edge, matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank and decorated with Lucy's Little Things Silver Pearl Mix.


I'll be back tomorrow to share another Refined Snowflakes Embossing Folder card, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: