Thursday, November 17, 2022

The Bottlebrush Trees Assembly Line

Hi my friends, I've been missing from the cubbyhole recently because I decided, in my wisdom or stupidity, to give the kitchen and utility room a fresh coat of paint before Christmas. With Christmas only 5 weeks away I think I momentarily took leave of my senses but hey it's done and dusted and now I'm hitting the cubbyhole running to tackle the never ending crafty list. First, I'm making up packs of cards for a local charity close to my heart and when your back is up against the wall, assembly line crafting is the way to go using some of my favourite Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Christmas stamps with Lumberjack Plaid. Uncharted Mariner, Villainous Potion and Prize Ribbon, 4 of the new Distress colours, released in 2022.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to create 4" x 5.1/4" panels, placed the large circle stamp from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Brushstrokes on the door of my Stamp Platform. inked with the Distress Oxide colours, spritzed with water, stamped on to the panels and dried.
I lined up 3 of the stamps from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bottlebrush Trees on the door of my stamp platform and stamped on the panels, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival.
I inked the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Holiday Sketchbook with Versamark ink, stamped on to strips of Ranger Black Alcohol Ink cardstock, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set.
I stamped Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Retro Flakes, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival and fixed the sentiment strips in place with Distress Collage Medium.
I flicked spots of Distress Resist Spray on to the panels, sprinkled with Simon Says White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set. I matted the panels on to A2 white card blanks and trimmed the edges with Tim Holtz/Tonic Deckle Edge Trimmer.
To finish I matched the cards with co-ordinating colours of Simon Says Stamp A2 envelopes.


I'll be back soon to share more Christmas makes and if I work 24/7 for the next 5 weeks, I think I might just get through that Christmas list of things to make.
Have fun with your Christmas makes.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to have a bit of a spring clean just before Christmas it's nice and fresh like you say and your cards are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete