Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show...Grungy Monday

Morning folks...I know that this was supposed to be a WORK week...but so far the best laid plans have gone slightly haywire...the cubbyhole is now undergoing a major tidy-up...once I started sorting out the bits and pieces into my new Timmie storage I discovered stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for years...but more about that in a mo.  With all the Timmie bits and pieces littering my workdesk....how could I resist having a little play with Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Paper Stash....Distress Inks and my new Tattered Banners Die...and a chance to join in the fun at one of my favourite challenge blogs.....Simon Says Stamp and Show.
The challenge this week is....
SHOW A TAG...
I'm also playing along for the very first time at a great challenge blog celebrating the techniques and products of the Lord of All Things Holtziness..the King of Distress...yes the one and only Mr Tim Holtz and the challenge this week over at Grungy Monday is.....
DISTRESS INK-O-RAMA

which has left me thinking....I definitely need more TIME TO CREATE which certainly isn't helped by my bad habit of being so easily side-tracked.  Once I got into tidy-up mode I just kept on going and hey it's amazing what you find....all those must-have rub-ons

that have been hiding in a box...completely forgotten ...out of sight is definitely out of mind.   So things are about to change in the cubbyhole...I am filing stuff away in these fab clear folders available from The Glitter Pot...
perfect for storing pieces of fabric...felt...kraft paper and my current DT and workshop projects....all geared up to make the cubbyhole a more efficient...well-oiled...running like clockwork crafting machine...less time looking for stuff means more time to create....well that's the theory.
Catch up with you all tomorrow over at WOYWW...hopefully back in creative mode.
Hugs Kath xxx

24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Kath, love these butterflies, so pretty. Know the feeling about the forgotton stash, it's like you've bought it all over again lol! Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath a lovely tag the butterflies are pretty. Have a good day reorganising. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag - I didn't think I'd seen you playing here before! And you got to tidy up some too. A great day all round I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm Kath - can I hear the famous Mr Burns in my ear? The Best Laid Plans etc etc etc ...........

    Once you've finished there could you pay a little visit to me - a major tidy out is required!!! Coffee with lemon and blueberry muffins will be supplied in excess!!
    Ann
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are having fun aren't you? Love your folders AND the new lilac colour of your blog!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tag, the colours are beautiful. Sounds like you are having fun with your tidying. Hugs to Buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the TH Kraft resist papers too Kath. Great tag. I need sorting out here too but I just can't seem to get into the mind set! I just don't know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love your tag .Adore the butterflies.hope the re -organizing goes well.catch up with you tomorrow
    hugs jduex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag's wonderful! I love the gathering at the bottom - I never think to do that. Hmmm....what a great touch that'd be with my current obsession - the dress form! lol
    And your Tim boxes??? WOW! Gorgeous! Off to look at more of your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag. Thanks for the tip on the storage. I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr M is certainly back Kath , the boxes and tag are fab !!
    Good luck with the challenges .
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a unique tag you made! i love the original color scheme. Very good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovey tag Kath, its amazing what you rediscover when you have a tidy up

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the collage feel and with the simple background texture on your tag! Thank you for sharing your work with Simon Says Stamp!

    Thank you!
    -Fran
    Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag Kath. Know what you mean about forgotten stash too. I really need to tidy but I keep thinking it'll take to long so I don't start lol.

    kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the tag - butterflies always tick boxes for me & these are glorious colours with the kraft. Well done with the tidying.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your tag... that pleating/tying on the bottom is such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great tag the buuterflies are lovely
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great tag. Welcome to the Studio L3 challenge. I love the way the bright colors of the butterflies pop off the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great fresh and modern look - love your colour choices and letters!
    Sarah (at 46 on GM)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for playing along with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show with your fabulous Tag, I just love the butterflies they are georgous, thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic Distress Ink brilliance, Kath! I love how you used the Kraft Resist, and those butterflies are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely tag here. Butterflies are my one little weakness!!I could do with a good rummage through my room too! Maybe next time I am off work!!

    ReplyDelete