Friday, May 13, 2016

Hello...Remember Me...

Hi everyone...it's Friday already and I've just realised it's Friday the 13th...oh dear I hope it's not going to be one of those days.  Hard to believe I haven't stepped into the cubbyhole for a whole week....haven't picked up a pair of scissors or inked a stamp and I'm beginning to suffer crafty withdrawal symptoms but I've been otherwise engaged...out in the glorious sunshine...not sitting working on the tan I hasten to add...but working on the garden make-over. How can such a small area of border take so much time...4 days of chain gang hard labour...digging out shrubs...digging in top soil and sharp sand...levelling it all out and laying the weed suppressant mat and I have to say it looks a bit of a dog's dinner at the moment...
littered with paving stones...stones and plant pots to stop it blowing away until the gravel...aggregate or as we say in my neck of the woods...chuckies arrive on Tuesday...today would have been ideal but hey ho it will give my "I'm getting too old for this nonsense" back a chance to recover from the hard labour. In the meantime the rest of the garden is looking great...it's amazing what a few days of sunshine can do...the buds on the rhododendron have burst into bloom...
 I swear the hosta is taller than it was last week...
 and it's a sure sign of Spring when you see the first flowers appear on the clematis...
but my poor Furry Boy has not been a happy soldier...neither would I be wearing a super insulated furry coat and he's spent most of the last 4 days under the conifers where it's cool and shady.
Now before you start thinking this is turning into a blog about all things horticultural...the forecast isn't looking too good for the weekend so it's perfect timing and I'll be heading back to the cubbyhole to get to grips with a pile of DT and magazine projects and fingers crossed something I can share with you next week.
In the meantime...TODAY is PAMPER DAY with the Friday Girls...a "magic hands" massage to soothe the gardening aches and pains...lunch and lots of chatter. Have fun whatever you're doing...have a great weekend and I'll see you all on Monday for a brand new challenge from Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx