Tuesday, May 10, 2016

We're having a heatwave...

Hi folks...woohoo we're having a heatwave...in the words of the song "a tropical heatwave and the temperature's rising" and I'm doing a happy dance...it's such a treat to have 3 or 4 days of beautiful warm sunshine on the trot...I'm a real outdoorsey girl so no surprise I spent the whole weekend in the garden with The Furry Boy supervising from his sunny vantage point...in his usual "I'm not sleeping...just resting my eyes" style...
while I busied myself with a bucket of paint and the biggest brush I could find...giving the shed a bit of a long overdue make-over before moving on to the new fence and strange as it may seem...I was finding the whole outdoor painting experience rather therapeutic...
that is...until I moved on to painting the dreaded trellis...crikey that's a painting the Forth Bridge kind of a task and no mistake...
and check out the crackle...genuine weather beaten crackle...not the craft product kind but determination and lots of cuppas won the day and there were whoops of delight when it was done.
Hubby will be digging out the last of the shrubs today...he doesn't know it yet...I need to pick the right moment to drop that bombshell and then I'll be laying the weed suppressing mat...visiting the garden centre to buy new plants and loads of pebbles to complete the "making life easier for this old gardener" look.
And I even got round to giving my Fiskars mower it's first outing of the year...
and no maintenance required after it's Winter slumber in the shed either...the coated steel blades are still as super sharp as they were when it came out of the box. They do say the glorious weather is set to continue until the end of the week so I'm taking a "I won't tell if you don't" break from the cubbyhole and I'm writing my sick note as we speak. Let's enjoy it while we can.
Hugs Kath xxx