Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Another problem bites the dust...

Hi Everyone...I have a question for you...why is it when you have an idea in your head and you're looking for something in particular you can never find it. I've been searching local stores for storage baskets to sit on my countertop to hold the piles of stuff that seem to clutter up my happy space but everything was either NEON BRIGHT/FRILLY and FLOUNCY/TOO BIG or TOO SMALL.
And what do you know...the solution was right under my nose in the kitchen...if I could transform the cheap as chips but sturdy enough to cope with subzero temperatures in the freezer plastic storage containers with a bit of magic fairy decoupage wand waving...they would be ideal.
So armed with a Distress Collage Brush...a tub of Mod Podge that I found in the darkest depths of the cubbyhole whilst decluttering and the scraps from TWO...yes how did I land up with TWO pads of Tim's fabulous Correspondence papers I set to work ...not entirely sure if my latest hare-brained idea would work but hey ho...in for a penny...in for a pound.
I fixed down the larger torn pieces first...
followed by layers of smaller pieces and set aside to dry. I did cover the inside bottom of the boxes but because the papers are double sided...didn't bother with the sides...
I gave the lip of each box two coats of paint and then applied two coats of Mod Podge inside and out to seal...
and for the price of two cheap containers, half a pot of  Modge Podge and an hour of my time, I now have a container to keep "happy mail" new arrivals tidy until I get round to playing with them...
 and a container for card scraps, handy for stamping or die-cutting...
a killing two birds with one stone "another problem bites the dust" adventure which has made a little bit of a dent in that mountain of paper stash and solved the clutter problem at the same time but it's time to head back to the crafty production line today starting off with a red rubber inking session for a magazine commission...
I'm on a mission...determined to get up to speed with the crafty list so that I'll be ready for a much loved treat...my annual "anyone for tennis/strawberries and cream " Wimbledon couch potato fortnight.
Hugs Kath xxx