Wednesday, June 21, 2017

It's Yellow...Very Yellow

Hi folks...yellow is not a colour I use very often and that's probably because I find it very difficult to photograph but I am hopelessly addicted to Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber and was determined to use it on this card...
influenced perhaps by that big ball of yellow in the sky which despite the forecast is still shining down on us along with a welcome cooling breeze which makes the Furry Boy happy and if he's happy...everyone's happy.
I've been itching to use the beautiful Circular Lace stencil and Wonky Rectangles set of dies from CHERISHED...the latest release of stamps...dies and stencils from Simon Says Stamp.
I die cut the largest rectangle from Ranger Distress Watercolor Card and coloured with Fossilized Amber using a blending tool. I then applied Ranger Transparent Matte Texture Paste through the stencil and sprinkled with Ranger Antiquities Frosted Crystal and Super Fine White Embossing Powder. Once the paste was dry I heat set the embossing powder
I coloured white card with Distress Oxide Fossilized Amber and die cut "LOVE" using the outline die and used the detailed die to cut  "LOVE" 3 times from white card layering to create dimension. I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Floral Bliss with Black Archival.
I created the flowers with the die cut waste from the letters "L" adding Pretty Pink Posh 3mm Sparkling Clear Sequins...
Today is the Summer Solstice...the longest day of the year and it will certainly feel like it after being bounced out of bed at 5.00am by the wonky Furry Alarm Clock again. Have a great day whatever you're doing...I'm betwixt and between a potter in the garden or cracking on with the DT projects but I think that maybe the make hay while the sun shines option will win the day.

Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx