Thursday, June 29, 2017

Snug As A Bug...

Hi everyone...I decided to hang up my stamping/inking hat yesterday and look out the sewing machine to have some fun with the pile of gorgeous Eclectic Elements fabrics that Tim and Mario so generously shared with me...
and made this with two fabrics from the beautiful Wallpaper Collection...can you guess what it is...a hot water bottle cover perhaps...well you're thinking along the right lines

it's a SNUG AS A BUG IN A RUG sleeve for my Stamp Platform...
and before you get the impression that I'm a quilting clever clogs...I have to say a big thank you to my lovely friend Linda for sharing this amazing material with me...an iron-on vilene with "quilting for idiots" stitching lines...
 just follow the lines and voila...so easy even I managed it...

 and of course I couldn't resist adding a little bit of Idea-ology decoration...

and a big bow to finish it off...it took longer to turn this very long strip of fabric right side out than it did to make the sleeve...
and there's good news on the cubbyhole make-over...hunky joiner is coming today to measure up and will be back next week to finish everything off...yeeehaaa.
Hugs Kath xxx