Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy 4th of July...

Hi folks, I'm sharing a card using some of my favourite Tim Holtz products to wish all my friends in the USA who will be celebrating Independence Day today, a very Happy 4th of July...

I created a "stars and stripes"panel by fixing Tim Holtz Idea-ology Classic Kraftstock,which I lightly sanded to reveal a little of the kraft core, on to a panel of white card, added Correspondence Design Tape around the edges and applied Ranger Opague Texture Paste through the Stars Mini Layering Stencil from Set 11.
I fixed Correspondence paper, trimmed slightly smaller, to a 7" x 5" card blank with Distress Collage Medium Matte, matted the panel on to white cardstock and fixed on top.
I die cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix Dimensional Stars Thinlits from Correspondence paper, inked the creases with Faded Jeans Distress Ink using a mini round blending tool and added Idea-ology Small Talk Occasions Stickers.

I applied a coat of Clear Gesso to the large paper doll (a great tip from Paula Cheney) which gives the slippery surface some tooth and makes colouring with Distress Markers much easier
I fixed the paper doll in place with 3D foam and die cut "Brave" from Classic Kraftstock and white card using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Shadow Script 1

and added an Idea-ology Numeric painted with Picket Fence Distress Paint using my favourite finger dabbing technique

Happy Independence Day
Hugs Kath xxx