Friday, July 27, 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Friendly Frolic

Hi folks...Simon Says Stamp very kindly sent me the gorgeous Folk Dance 6" x 6" Cling stamp from their Friendly Frolic release...
you can check out all the new products in this walk-through the collection video

and all the products are available to buy HERE

I decided to make a card celebrating Summer, a great chance to play with some of the new Distress Oxide ink colours from Tim Holtz.
I trimmed a piece of Dina Wakley Cotton Watercolor Paper slightly larger than the stamp, tapped Tumbled Glass, Tea Dyce, Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink pads on to the stamp randomly and spritzed with water.
The Cotton Watercolor paper has a bit of a textured uneven surface so I left the stamp in place for a minute or so to allow the ink to sink in to the surface.
I used a circle die to create an aperture in the panel, inked up a scrap of card with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide, spritzed with water, stamped Summer from Simon Says Four Seasons Saying with Intense Black ink and fixed the card behind the aperture.
I coloured scraps of white card with the same Distress Oxide inks and die cut flowers using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Floral 1 Thinlits with my trusty Sidekick.
I arranged the flowers and leaf sprays around the aperture, popping the flowers up on Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mini Foam Adhesive to create dimension
I stamped the rest of the sentiment in the aperture and on to a strip of card coloured with Tea Dye Distress Ink using Intense Black ink.


I trimmed the panel to measure 5" x 5" and matted on to a 5.1/2" square white card blank.

I'll be back soon to share another two Alcohol Lift Ink cards, in the meantime, have fun whatever you're creating and have a great weekend.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx