Friday, February 3, 2023

Hey - You Do You

Hi my friends, woohoo the brand new colour to join the Tim Holtz Distress Family, the gorgeous soft silvery Lost Shadow has arrived in the cubbyhole and after swatching, labelling


and a quick spray and spritz session with my SplatBox to make some backgrounds, I was itching to make a card.

I chose the background I made using Lost Shadow Distress Spray Stain and Distress Oxide Spray and decorated with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tailored and Alphanumeric Bulletin Thinlits.
I stamped the sentiment banner from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dapper inked with Lost Shadow Distress Ink randomly over the background twice to get a darker impression, sprinkled with Lost Shadow Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set. I stamped the numbers from the same set, inked with Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide ink to fill in the blank areas and trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4".
I die-cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix Tailored Thinlits from Distress White HeavyStock, coloured with Lost Shadow, Black Soot and Lumberjack Plaid Distress Oxide inks using mini round blending tools and assembled.
I die-cut the letters from Distress White HeavyStock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Bulletin Thinlits, coloured with Lost Shadow and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks, fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium and added the white outlines.
I die-cut the spectacles 3 times from Distress Black HeavyStock using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Crazy Thinlits, layered to create dimension and added Glossy Accents for the spectacle lenses which will be clear once dry. I fixed the coat and hat in place popped up on Simon Says Black Foam Squares. This dapper gentleman reminds me of the Harry Hart character played by Colin Firth in the 2014 film Kingsman - The Secret Service.
To finish I added an Idea-ology Sentiment Label Sticker and Snippets Ephemera, inked around the edge of the panel with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink, matted on to a Distress Black HeavyStock A2 panel and fixed to an A2 White card blank.



Have a great weekend whatever you have planned. The weather doesn't look good for my neck of the woods so I may just have to retreat to the cubbyhole for more playtime with the new boys in town. It's a hard life but some's gotta do it. I'll see you all on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Monday Challenge, in the meantime, Happy Crafting.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kath with the new colour looks stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Gent is quite dapper in his fine attire...He is quite perfect as the center of attention. Love!

    ReplyDelete