Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Simon Says - Acetate Overlay Cards

Hi my friends, I'm sharing a trio of cards using Simon Says Lightweight Acetate as an overlay, coloured with Alcohol Inks, the Greetings Trio dies from the Be Creative release and Fruitful Berries die from a previous release. You can check out the fabulous selection of products in the Be Creative release HERE.


I trimmed Simon Says Lightweight Acetate to 4" x 5.1/4" and coloured using Stream, Amethyst, Purple Twilight, Gilded Alloy Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution.
I die-cut the Get Well Soon sentiment from Simon Says Greetings Trio and Fruitful Berries from Distress Watercolor card and fixed to the acetate panel using Ranger Glossy Accents.
I turned the panel over and added dots of Ranger Glossy Accents to the back of the die cuts and fixed to a panel of Distress Watercolor card trimmed to the same size. I die-cut the berries from yellow Idea-ology Classic KraftStock and fixed on top.
I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the berries and once dry, added a highlight using a White Sakura Gelly Roll Pen. To finish, I matted the panel on to idea-ology Black KraftStock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to a top folding A2 white card blank.


I created two more acetate panels and used the one on the right for this card, coloured with Stream Alcohol Ink,  Sublime and Envy Pearl Alcohol Inks.
I die-cut the acetate panel using Simon Says Fruitful Berries die intending to use the die-cuts stems but actually liked the die-cut panel better. The lightweight Acetate can be die-cut but just to make sure, I used my Sizzix Chrome Precision Base Plate and it worked like a dream.
I fixed the panel to Distress Watercolor card trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4" by applying small dots of Ranger Glossy Accents behind the Alcohol ink section. I die-cut the Greetings Trio shadow from Idea-ology Black KraftStock and the word 3 times from Distress Watercolor card, layered and fixed to the panel to create dimension. I added a Simon Says Thanks Sentiment Strip, matted the panel on to Idea-ology Black KraftStock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.


I die-cut Simon Says Greetings Trio shadow from a 4" x 5.1/4" panel of Distress Watercolor card and fixed to Idea-ology Black KraftStock trimmed to the same size.
I trimmed the Simon Says Lightweight Acetate panel on the left, coloured with Stream, Purple Twilight and Amethyst Alcohol inks to 4" x 5.1/4" 
and fixed to the panel as before using Ranger Glossy Accents. I die-cut the word from Distress Watercolor card 3 times using Simon Says Greetings Trio and fixed on top of the acetate panel over the shadow areas. I added a Simon Says Fruitful Berries die-cut and Thanks Sentiment Strip and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank covered with Idea-ology Black KraftStock.


Have fun with whatever you are creating
Hugs Kath xxx


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, these are just gorgeous, love the alcohol background, just amazing.
    Sorry I haven't been able to comment on your blog as much I seen to be having a battle with blogger...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS these acetate overlay cards are phenomenal! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete