Thursday, February 9, 2023

Simon Says - Painted Heart Wreath

Hi my friends, I finally managed to have a play with some of the new products from Simon Says Kisses release and am sharing a card made using the Painted Heart Wreath Cling Stamp and the set of 6 - Candy Hearts Layering Stencils. You can check out all the products from the release at Simon Says Stamp HERE

The Painted Wreath stamp is a 6" x 6" Cling which comes in 3 sections and can be used together or separately.

I created a soft neutral background by spraying an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card with Lost Shadow Distress Oxide Spray, spritzed lightly with water and dried. I applied Lost Shadow Distress Oxide ink and Distress Ink through 2 of the Candy Hearts Layering Stencils using mini round blending tools to create tone-on-tone interest on the background. I stamped the outer circle of the Painted Heart Wreath Cling offset on the panel, inked with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink. I cleaned the stamp, inked the hearts and dots only using a 025 Pink Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker, spritzed with water and stamped over the original image to create a watercolour effect. 
I replaced the middle two sections of the stamp to align the sentiment in the right place, removed the outer two sections and stamped the sentiment inked with Simon Says Intense Black ink. I selected an Idea-ology Heart Charm (discontinued) from my stash
assembled and fixed to the background with thread and decorated with a bow.
I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4", matted on to a panel of Simon Says Doll Pink cardstock trimmed to be 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank. To finish I decorated the hearts with black pearl embellishments.


I'll be back soon to share more makes using products from the Kisses release, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: