Saturday, June 24, 2023

Thank You For Being You

Happy Saturday my friends, it's not often I post on the weekend or twice in one day but after being missing from the cubbyhole and neglecting my blog over the last few weeks, I'm trying to catch up and sharing another card using products from Simon Says Stamp newly released collection - Out Of This World. You can check out all the new products from the release HERE.

I made a card using the Floral Clusters Embossing Folder again but this time also using the two dies which are included with the folder.

I lined up the two dies with the matching flowers in the folder, placed a panel of Distress Watercolor card in the folder and ran through my die-cutting machine. I coloured the die-cut flowers with Saltwater Taffy and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks using mini round blending tools. I embossed a second panel of Distress Watercolor card and coloured the leaves on the background using the Sprout Pawsitively Saturated Mini Ink Pad from the Green Meadows pack using a Distress Detailer Brush and the third flower with the Distress Oxide inks as before.
I added shading on the leaves using the Field Pawsitively Saturated Mink Ink Pad.
I coloured the centres of the flowers with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink using the Distress Detailer Brush, accented the dots with a black Sakura Glaze Pen and fixed the die-cut flowers in place with Simon Says Black Foam Squares to create dimension.
I added Simon Says Reverse Thanks sentiments popped up on black foam squares.
To finish I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4", shaded the edges with Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide ink, matted the panel on to an A2 top folding card and added Trinity Stamps Bubble Blow Out bead embellishments which are clear andbeautifully iridescent.


Enjoy what's left of your weekend my friends and I'll see you all on Monday to share my DT project for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kath, this is really beautiful! Hadn't given this folder a 2nd look, but it's on my wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete