Friday, June 30, 2023

Flower Happy Threesome

Happy Friday my friends, can you believe it's the last day of June, already we are halfway through another year. We've already had the longest day which means, before too long, the nights will be drawing in and before you know, we'll be making again for Halloween and Christmas. But back to the present and the three cards I made with the Flower Happy stamp set from Simon Says Flower Happy July Card Kit and the pack of Green Meadows Mini Pawsitively inks from the Out Of This World release. The card kit is still available to purchase at time of writing this post or you also have the option of buying individual items from the kit HERE.

I created three simple notecards using the same ink colours, inspired by the flowers in my garden which have been enjoying the hot sunshine weather and the much needed intermittent heavy rain showers.

I trimmed a panel of Distress Watercolor card to 3.1/4" x 4.1/2", coloured around the edges with the Celery and Sprout Pawsitively Saturated mini ink cubes from Simon Says Green Meadows 6 pack, using Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brushes, spritzed with water and dried. I fixed a strip of the Bo Bunny Brighton patterned paper from the kit diagonally across the bottom of the panel.
I stamped one of the images from the Flower Happy stamp set, inked with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink and Sprout Pawsitively Saturated ink, the sentiment and flower centres with Simon Says Intense Black ink.
I added twine around the panel around the panel, tied in a bow and matted the panel on to Distress Watercolor card trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4" popped up on strips of foam to create dimension.

I smooshed Celery and Sprout Pawsitively Saturated Mini ink cubes on to my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water, picked up on a piece of plastic packaging and pressed on to a 3.1/4" x 4.1/2" panel of Distress Watercolor card to create a subtle light background.
I stamped the flower image repeatedly over the panel inked with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink and stamped the sentiment and flower centres using Simon Says Intense Black ink. I applied Field Pawsitively Saturated ink through Simon Says Square Dance Stencil using a Detail Round Blending Brush, just to add a little interest to the background.


I inked the leaf images with Celery and Sprout Pawsitively Saturated inks and stamped randomly to create an all over background,
I stamped the flowers, inked with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink, the stems with Celery, Field and Sprout Pawsitively Saturated inks and the sentiment and flower centres with Simon Says Intense Black ink. I stamped a row of the smalles flower images to ground the stems.

I decorated the panels with Trinity Stamps Creamy Vanilla Hearts Sprinkles, added Foam Strips to the panels to create dimension and matted on to A2 white card blanks.

Have a great weekend, whatever you are planning
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. I think these are gorgeous note cards Kath, love the cheery colours.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful loving the background too x

    ReplyDelete