Saturday, July 1, 2023

Hello Friend - July Card Kit

Hi my friends, I'm back to share another card using Simon Says - Happy Flower July Card Kit. I made a card using the gorgeous Jubilee Embossing Folder and die, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Collage Strips, both included in the kit and Tim Holtz/Sizzix BrushStroke Butterflies Thinlits and CZ Designs Hello Wafer Die. This card is so different from the previous cards I made, showing how versatile Simon Says Card Kits are and suitable for all card making styles. 



I die-cut the square banner using the die which comes with the Jubilee Embossing Folder from Simon Says Cream cardstock, also included in the kit. I placed the die-cut back into the folder, matched up with the embossed banner on the folder, ran through my die-cutting machine and added shading around the edges and on the florals with Frayed Burlap and Ground Espresso Distress Oxide inks using mini round blending tools.

I ran the Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink pad over the embossed side of the embossing folder, ran through my die-cutting machine with a panel of Distress Watercolor card and lightly dragged a Ground Espresso Distress ink pad over the panel and around the edges.

I fixed an Idea-ology Collage Paper Strip in place with Distress Collage Medium, added the embossed banner popped up on foam squares to create dimension and added a butterfly die-cut from 2 - Idea-ology Collage Strips matted on to thin white card, using Tim Holtz/Sizzix BrushStroke Butterflies Thinlits and added the body die-cut from Simon Says Black cardstock.

I die cut the Hello 3 times from Simon Says Cream Cardstock and once from Black using Simon Says Hello wafer die, layered to create dimension and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. 

I inked the sentiment from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Simple Sayings with Simon Says Intense Black ink, stamped on to a scrap of Simon Says Cream cardstock, trimmed and fixed to the Hello sentiment. To finish I matted the panel on to Simon Says Black cardstock and fixed to an A2 white card blank.



Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. So very beautiful Kath is your card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath I love you card...its nice to have a die that you can also cut out from your embossing folder...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete