Friday, July 28, 2023

Simon Says - Layered Sunflowers Stencil

Hi my friends, I'm back to share another quick and easy card made using the 6" x 9" Layered Sunflowers Stencil and So Swell stamp set from Simon Says Stamp recent Just A Note release. You can check out all the new products in the release HERE.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 3.3/4" x 5", positioned the first stencil in the Layered Sunflowers set at an angle and applied Limelicious from the Green Meadows Mini Ink Cube released last month using a Simon Says Round Detail Brush.
What I didn't realise until I removed the stencil that the small oval was the flower centre, so I repositioned the stencil and coloured using Simon Says Intense Black ink, who's ever going to know.
I continued with Stencils 2 and 3 using Wilted Violet and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks.
I inked the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp So Well with Versamark ink, stamped on to a thin strip of Distress Black HeavyStock, sprinkled with Simon Says Detail White Embossing Powder and heat set.
I fixed the black and white striped paper from 49andMarket Spectrum Gardenia paper pad on the bottom of the Distress Watercolor card, trimmed off the excess and fixed the sentiment strip on top. I added white dots to the flower centres using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen.To finish, I matted the panel on to Distress Black HeavyStock trimmed 1/4" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.

Why don't you join Heidi and Reed for a livestream reveal of all the new products in the Just A Note release with lots of inspirational makes on Simon Says Stamp YouTube Channel today 9.30am PT, 12.30pm ET and 5.30pm UK.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment