Friday, July 14, 2023

Distress Embossing Glaze Etcetera Facade

Happy Friday my friends, I'm still having fun playing with the new Distress Embossing Glaze colours from the latest Tim Holtz and Ranger release and decided to decorate a Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Etcetera Facade, the perfect substrate to create a small wall panel.

I began by applying a light coat of White Gesso over the Etcetera Facade and once it was dry, I inked the script stamp from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Faded Type with Distress Embossing Ink, stamped randomly over the surface, sprinkled with Pumice Stone Distress Embossing Glaze and heat set. I trimmed Simon Says Heat Resistant Acetate to be slightly smaller than the Facade and applied a coat of Distress Collage Medium to provide some tooth for the Texture Paste to grab on to. Once the Distress Collage Medium had dried, I applied Texture Paste Opaque Crackle through the Roses Mini Layering Stencil from Set 25, sprinkled with Seedless Preserves, Squeezed Lemonade and Crushed Olive Distress Embossing Glazes and heat set once the paste was dry. I got my heat gun really hot and kept it moving so as to not warp the acetate too much.
I tapped a Distress Embossing Dabber around the edges of an Idea-ology Quote Chip Label, sprinkled with Crushed Olive Distress Embossing Glaze (I have to say that this is fast becoming a favourite colour) and heat set.
I selected two neutral coloured butterflies from a pack of Idea-ology Botanical Layers and used a Distress Embossing Pen to add colour with Seedless Preserves and Crushed Olive Distress Embossing Glazes.
I added splatters of Picket Fence Distress Paint to the acetate, Black Soot Distress Paint to the Facade and fixed the acetate to the back of the Facade with foam strips. I trimmed Distress Black HeavyStock to the same size and also fixed in place with foam strips to create the illusion of dimension. I added Idea-ology Ephemera Snippets, coloured with the Distress Embossing Glazes and fixed the butterflies in place with foam pads. To finish I applied Black Soot Distress Paint around the edges using a piece of Ranger Cut 'n Dry foam.
I

Have a great weekend whatever you have planned but don't forget to join Tim and Mario on Saturday over on Tim's YouTube Channel 9AM PT, 12PM ET and 5PM UK for what is guaranteed to be a fun and inspirational party with amazing demos, hints and tips on using Distress Embossing Glazes. I'll be heading to my local M&S to stock up on the party snacks and hope to see you there.
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments: