Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Grungy Flowering Vine

Hi my friends, I'm sharing another two cards I made with the Brutus Monroe Flowering Vine Mixed Media Stencil and I'll let you into a little secret. These were going to be my DT projects for Simon Says Monday Challenge until the penny dropped that this "head in the clouds" crafter had totally ignored the Summer Mood Board theme so it was back to the drawing board to start over. Hey it happens, sometimes I get up in the morning and forget to plug in my brain so here are the original grungy version cards.

For the card on the left, I smooshed Antique Linen and Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink pads on to the craft mat on my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and pulled an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card through the inks, dried and tapped back into the remaining droplets until I was happy with the neutral background.
I inked Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Bubbles with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink and stamped on to the background.
I applied Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Focus Mini Layering Stencil from Set 52 using a mini round blending tool.
I applied Distress Texture Paste Crackle through Brutus Monroe Flowering Vine Stencil, sprinkled the paste while it was still wet with Fossilized Amber, Rusty Hinge, Twisted Citron and Rustic Wilderness Distress Embossing Glazes and heat set once the paste had dried. I created shadows around the embossed areas using Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink re-inker with a Detailer Water Brush, trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4" and fixed to a top folding A2 white card blank.
For the second card, I applied the Distress Texture Crackle Paste through the Brutus Monroe Flowering Vine stencil on to an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card.
I repeated the process with the same Distress Embossing Glazes and once heat set, sprayed the panel with Walnut Stain Distress Spray Stain, flicked on water and dried. I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.1/4", distressed the edges and fixed to a top folding A2 white card blank.
I tapped the Distress Embossing Dabber around the edges of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Quote Chip Labels, sprinkled with Fossilized Amber and Rusty Hinge Distress Embossing Glazes, heat set and fixed to the card with foam squares.

Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

7 comments:

  1. Awesomeness with products that can be used over and over. QUESTION: How long does it take for the crackle paste to dry, approximately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it all depends on the heat of your room, but around 20-30 minutes

      Delete
  2. Awesome cards! Love how they turned out, this background is amazing. Also love the crackle. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! You are the Queen of florals!

    ReplyDelete