Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Out Of This World Floral Cards

Hi my friends, I'm playing catch up with the gorgeous Sunrise Stem, Layered Perky Flower and Windswept Leaves dies from Simon Says Stamp Out Of This World release last month. 

You can check out all the fabulous products from the release HERE. I made simple cards allowing the die-cuts be the stars of the show and used Distress Oxide inks to loosely watercolour them and Simon Says Stamp Retro Wishes stamp set from the August Card Kit for the sentiments.


I die-cut the Windswept Leaves from Distress Watercolor card, pressed on to a strip of Tim Holtz/Tonic Media Grip to hold them in place while colouring. I smooshed Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks on to my Glass Media Mat, spritzed with water and dropped the inks on to the die-cuts with a brush, repeating the process while the inks were still wet.
I die cut the Layered Perky Flowers from Distress Watercolor card but only used the flower heads which I watercoloured in the same way, using Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide inks.
I fixed the die-cuts to a 3.3/4" x 5" panel of Distress Watercolor card with Distress Collage Medium and spritzed the panel with Picked Raspberry and Black Soot Distress Paints.
I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Retro Wishes, inked with Intense Black ink and matted the panel on to an A2 white card blank.

I die-cut the Sunrise Stem from Distress Watercolor card and coloured as before using Bundled Sage and Mowed Lawn for the stem, Picked Raspberry to add shading to the flower heads and Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide inks for the flower centres.
I fixed the die-cuts in place with Distress Collage Medium, added the splatters, stamped the sentiment, inked with Intense Black ink and matted on to an A2 white card blank.


I'll be back tomorrow to share a card I made using new products from Simon Says Stamp Just A Note release coming your way tomorrow.
Have fun with whatever you're making
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and creative love the floral arrangement dies x

    ReplyDelete