Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Tim Holtz/Sizzix Big Frights

Hi my friends, woohoo Tim Holtz and Sizzix have just launched their Halloween 2023 collection, a fabulous assortment of Thinlits and Texture Fades and all things spooky. Join Tim on Saturday 12th August on YouTube Live to see all the spooktacular makes.

I created 2 shaker cards using the Big Frights Thinlits to create the shaker apertures and the Cracked and Reptile Texture Fades to add texture to the backgrounds.

I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4.1/2" x 6.5" for both cards and coloured with Crackling Campfire/Twisted Citron and Wilted Violet and Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide inks. I embossed both panels using the Cracked and Reptile Texture Fades and lightly dragged a Black Soot Distress Ink pad over the detail to highlight and grunge up a bit. I used the shadow die to create an aperture on the panels and fixed a piece of acetate behind. I die-cut the Big Frights words from the shadow die-cut and fixed back into place on the acetate using Distress Collage Medium Matte. I added foam tape around the aperture, added a selection of Sizzix Beads and Sequins and placed a panel of Distress Black HeavyStock, trimmed to 4.3/4" x 5.3/4" on top. I decorated both panels with skulls , bats and spiders from the Big Frights Thinlits, die-cut from Distress Watercolor card and Distress Black HeavyStock. I added Ranger Glossy Accents to the spider bodies and bats, sprinkled with Distress Glitter Nightfall and fixed to the panels on a scrap of Idea-ology Mummy Cloth using Distress Collage Medium and black foam squares. To finish I added Idea-ology Halloween Remnant Rubs and matted the panels on to 5" x 7" white card blanks.






Have fun and Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful cards Kath, what an amazing bundle of new stash too. Think I would have to take out a loan, haha. Enjoy.xx

    ReplyDelete