Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Hello Artsy Leaves

Hi my friends, what time of day is this to be posting I hear you ask, well it's been one of those days when nothing went in my favour, another tale for my autobiography perhaps but I'm here now to share cards I made using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Artsy Leaves, Simon Says Hello Wafer Die and I couldn't resist throwing in some Distress Embossing Glazes for good measure.


I applied Distress Translucent Grit Paste through tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dotted Line Mini Layering Stencil from Set 51 on to an A2 panel of Distress Watercolor card, sprinkled with Crushed Olive, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Embossing Glazes and heat set once the paste had dried.
I die-cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix Artsy Leaves Thinlits from Distress Black Heavystock and the leaf accents from Distress Watercolor card coloured with the 3 colours to matching the Distress Glaze embossing and fixed in place with Black Foam Squares.
I die-cut Simon Says CZ Designs Hello from Distress Watercolor card coloured with Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks, sprinkled with the matching Distress Embossing Glazes and heat set. I die-cut the Hello word again twice from Distress Watercolor card, layered to create dimension and fixed to the Hello shadow die-cut from vellum.
I trimmed the panel to 3.3/4" x 5", fixed to an A2 panel of Distress Black HeavyStock and attached to and A2 white card blank.


I created circles of colour using Crushed Olive, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide inks with mini round blending tools. I inked the script stamp from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Nature Walk with Black Soot Distress Archival and stamped randomly on the circles.
I sprinkled the circles with the matching Distress Embossing Glazes and heat set. I die-cut Simon Says CZ Designs Hello Wafer die 3 times from Distress Black HeavyStock, layered to create dimension and fixed to the panel with Distress Collage Medium.
I die-cut Tim Holtz/Sizzix Artsy Leaves from coloured Distress Watercolor card left over from the previous card and added the accents die-cut from Distress Watercolor card.
As before, I trimmed the panel to 3.3/4" x 5", matted on to an A2 panel of Distress Black HeavyStock and fixed to an A2 white card blank.


Have fun with whatever you are making
Hugs Kath xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, what gorgeous colours and techniques you have shared. Two beautiful cards.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful Kath are your cards the colours are gorgeous together x

    ReplyDelete