Friday, July 28, 2023

Tim Holtz/Ranger - New Halloween Release

Hi my friends, more exciting news from Tim Holtz and Ranger, 6 new colours have been added to the Distress Mica Stains family and gorgeous colours they are too so, of course, I had to make me some swatches.


and woohoo, we now have Black Distress Texture Paste and hold on to your galluses, Distress Grit Paste Glow. Yes, it glows in the dark, perfect for making some fun spooky projects.
Time to have some fun and make a card.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", laid the largest Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Moon Masks on the panel and spritzed with Phantom Mist and Mulled Cider Distress Mica Sprays. I removed the mask, spritzed the panel with water and let the spray do it's own thing and blur out the edges of the moon.
I applied Distress Crackle Texture Paste through the Halloween script Mini Layering Stencil from Set 23 and once the paste had dried, sprayed the stencilling with Fallen Acorn Distress Mica Stain, letting it run into the crackle before drying.
I stamped the floral image and label from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Dearly Departed, inked with Black Soot Distress Archival.
I fixed the butterflies from Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Curiosities Sticker book on to the panel, only applying adhesive to the bodies and added splatters of Unravelled Distress Mica Stain using the nozzle of the bottle.
To finish, I matted the panel on to an A2 piece of Black Distress Heavystock, fixed to an A2 white card blank and added Clippings Stickers, also from the Curiosities Sticker Book.

I wish you could see the beautiful shimmer on this card in real life, sadly, the camera doesn't play ball without it making the photos all glary. I'll be back soon to share another card made with the new Halloween release from Tim and Ranger.
Happy Crafting
Hugs Kath xxx

3 comments: