Thursday, July 27, 2023

Simon Says - Just a Note Release

Hi my friends, it's an exciting day over at Simon Says Stamp. The latest release "Just A Note" has gone live and you can check out all the fabulous products in the release HERE.

I made a card using the Tipping 6" x 6" Background Cling Stamp for the background, So Swell stamp set for the sentiments and the Gradient Dot Embossing Folder to add texture to the Windswept Leaves and Layered Perky Flower die-cuts left over from previous cards.

I placed a 3.3/4" x 5" panel of Distress Watercolor card in my stamp platform and masked off a border with Simon Says Low Tack Tape. I inked the Tipping Background Cling Stamp with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink, spritzed with water and stamped on to the panel.
I coloured the Windswept Leaves and Layered Perky Flower die-cuts with Evergreen Bough, Pine Needles. Fossilized Amber and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide inks using Mini Round Blending Tools and Simon Says Detail Round Blending Brushes for the smaller areas and to add shading.
I placed the die-cut panels in Simon Says Gradient Dot Embossing Folder and ran through my die-cutting machine.
I inked the small sentiment from Simon Says So Swell stamp set with Intense Black ink and stamped on the bottom of the panel. I stamped the Waving Hello sentiment on to a scrap of Distress Watercolor card, trimmed out the word HELLO and fussy cut around it leaving a small border. 
I fixed the flowers and leaves in place with Distress Collage Medium and added the Hello popped up on Simon Says Black foam squares to add dimension. I used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink to add shading around the edges of the panel, added splatters of water and dried. I accentuated the gradient dot pattern on the leaves and flower heads using Faded Jeans and Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide inks, applied lightly with mini round blending tools.
To finish I matted the panel on to an A2 top folding white card blank.

I'll be back later on in the day tomorrow to share a project made with some brand new exciting products, in the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx

1 comment: