Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Simon Says - Christmas Cheer November Card Kit

Hello my friends, can you believe we are almost at the end of October already and before we know, the Christmas preparations will be underway. The Simon Says Stamp Christmas Cheer November Card Kit has arrived in the cubbyhole, filled to the brim with gorgeous products to kick start your festive making. You can find all the details of the contents of the kit and how to subscribe, if you don't already, HERE.


I'm sharing two cards I made using the Rainbow Splash Twinkling Stars Embossing Folder, Christmas Cheer 6" x 8" stamp set, Prima Marketing Candy Lane patterned papers and Black and White Bakers Twine, all included in the kit.


I trimmed the Neenah Solar White cardstock from the kit into 4 - A2 panels, embossed 2 using the Rainbow Splash Twinkling Stars Embossing Folder and trimmed to 4" x 5.1/4".
I trimmed Prima Marketing Candy Lane patterned papers to create 2 banners but decided to only use the red one on the left.
I inked images from Simon Says Christmas Cheer stamp set with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and stamped on to panels of Strathmore Bristol Smooth card.
I coloured the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and fussy cut to leave a white border around the edges. There are dies available for the stamp set as an add on purchase. I die-cut a hole in the top of the banner, added a die-cut hole reinforcer, black and white bakers twine and fixed to the embossed panel with Simon Says Thin 3D foam squares. I fixed the stocking image in place, also using Thin 3D foam squares and added checked detail to the stocking using the Green Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker.
I coloured the sentiment banner with the Green Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker, stamped the sentiment on the banner, inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium.
To finish I added the holly sprigs, popped up on Thin 3D foam squares, added Glossy Accents to the berries and matted the panel on to a Simon Says Fog Gray A2 card blank.


I die-cut the image from one of the Prima Marketing Candy Lane patterned papers using a circle die, lightly created a shadow on the edge using Scorched Timber Distress Ink and a Tiny Blending Tool, ready to be fixed to the second embossed panel.
I stamped the images from the Christmas Cheer stamp set as before on to Strathmore Bristol Smooth card, inked with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and fussy cut.
I fixed the circle panel in place with Distress Collage Medium, added the sentiment banner and stamped images popped up on 3D foam squares to create dimension and matted the panel on to the A2 Cotton Candy Notecard included in the kit.
I added a black and white bakers twine bow and Glossy Accents to the berries.


There is still loads to play with in the kit and I'll be back soon to share more makes. In the meantime, have fun with whatever you're making.
Hugs Kath xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment