Friday, October 11, 2024

Simon Says - Sweet Wishes Blog Hop Day 1

Hi my friends, welcome to my stop on Day 1 of the Simon Says Stamp Blog Hop for the Sweet Wishes release.  I'm thrilled to be joining lots of talented friends and designers to share inspiration using products from this fabulous release and you can check out all the products in the release HERE.


S
imon Says Stamp has a blog hop exclusive give-away, the Fancy Tidings of Cheer die is FREE with any purchase, just follow the 3 steps on the graphic to claim your free gift. This promotion is valid until October 13 at 11.59 PM EDT or while supplies last.

Simon Says are also giving away a $25 coupon to every stop on the hop so make sure you leave a comment on each participant's blog to be in with a chance of winning. The winners will be chosen and posted on Simon Says Stamp Blog on Wednesday October 16th, and if you are a lucky winner, you can e-mail Simon Says Stamp to claim your prize. 

If you arrived from the very talented Karin Akesdotter, you are in the right place but if you happen to get lost along the way, you will find a list of participants at the end of this post to help you get back on track.

I created a card using the A7 Acetate Cards, Warm Heart 6" x 8" stamp set and Opal Pawsitively Dazzling Gems all from the Sweet Wishes release.
I applied Tim Holtz/Ranger Snowfall Grit Paste through the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Speckles Layering Stencil on to the front of the 5" x 7" acetate card and set aside to dry.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4.3/4" x 6.3/4", smooshed Chipped Sapphire and Broken China Distress Oxide inks on to the craft mat on my Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios White Studio Mat, spritzed with water, dragged the card through the inks, dried and tapped back in to the droplets repeatedly, drying between layers, until I was happy with the background.
I stamped the snowflakes from Simon Says Warm Heart on to the panel, inked with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide ink.
I applied Tim Holtz/Sizzix Adhesive sheets to Distress Watercolor card, die-cut using Simon Says Stitched Slopes and fixed one to the front of the acetate, one to the inside on the back of the front of the card and the other to the coloured panel.
I fixed the panel inside the acetate card and added a panel of white cardstock on the back of the card to hide the adhesive and to create a space to write a message.
I stamped the images from Warm Heart on to Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock, inked with Versafine Onyx Black and coloured with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.
I fixed self adhesive sheets on the back of the image panels, fussy cut to leave a small border, removed the adhesive carrier sheet and fixed to the front of the card.
I stamped the sentiment from Warm Heart on to the snowball, inked with Versafine Onyx Black and stamped snowflakes on the snowbank, inked with Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide ink. I know I should have done this before assembly, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. To finish I added Simon Says Opal Pawsitively Saturated Dazzling Gems.




You'll find more inspiration from the release on Simon Says Stamp Sweet Wishes Gallery HERE and if you make anything with the release, we would love you to share with us all in the Gallery. There will be more fabulous inspiration tomorrow on Day 2 of the Blog Hop that you don't want to miss. In the meantime, I'm off to make myself a cuppa, find a comfy sofa and enjoy an afternoon of blog hopping and being inspired by all the makes.
Hugs Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful snowman/penguin scene & background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable scene.
    Love the extra touches ,from the snowfall grit paste to the wiggly eyes!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this snowman card! It is so adorable, I love your inky smooshed background and the adorable penguins on the acetate card. So fun!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card, I love penguins!

    ReplyDelete