Thursday, October 10, 2024

Simon Says - Spooky Tree Arch

Hello my friends, woohoo Simon Says Stamp have just launched their latest exclusive release - Sweet Wishes. There are lots of fabulous products in the release to encourage your creativity and you can check them all out HERE.

I'm sharing a cute Halloween card using the Spooky Tree Arch dies from the release along with Bat Trio dies, sentiment from Halloween Friends and Matte Gold cardstock from previous releases.
I trimmed Distress Watercolor card to 4" x 5.1/4", placed Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Moon Mask Layering Stencil in place and coloured the panel with Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide inks using Mini Round Blending Tools.
I placed the detail layering stencil in place and blended Rusty Hinge through the stencil using a Tiny Blending Tool. I removed the stencil, spritzed around the moon with water and let the ink flow into the moon. I spritzed the panel with water, dried, added splatters of Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink and also darkened the edges with Ground Espresso.
I die-cut Simon Says Spooky Tree Branch from Distress Watercolor card and coloured with Rusty Hinge and Ground Espresso Distress Oxide inks. I die-cut again twice from black cardstock and layered to create dimension.
I die-cut the ghosties from Distress Watercolor card, shaded the edges with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide ink, fixed scraps of black cardstock behind their eyes and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium. I die-cut Simon Says Bat Trio from black cardstock, fixed to the panel and used a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen for their eyes.
I added dots of Gilded Foundry Wax to the panel using the end of a small paintbrush and heat set.
I inked the sentiment from Simon Says Halloween Friends with White Pigment Ink, stamped on to a scrap of black cardstock, sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and heat set. I trimmed around the sentiment with my trusty Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Mini Recoil Snips, fixed to a scrap of Simon Says Matte Gold cardstock and trimmed again to leave a small border. I fixed the sentiment to the panel, popped up on 3D foam squares, matted the panel on to Matte Gold Cardstock trimmed 1/8" larger and fixed to an A2 white card blank.


Have fun with whatever you are making.
Hugs Kath xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment